About the Company
Xtreme Lashes by Jo Mousselli® is the global pioneer and leader in eyelash extension products, technique and education, with reach in over 35 international territories worldwide. President & CEO, Jo Mousselli, RN, is committed to providing unparalleled eyelash extension products, education and support to beauty professionals and consumers worldwide. Jo's understanding of the modern-day woman’s need for effortless beauty inspired the innovation of high-performance, low-maintenance, and long-lasting cosmetic products and services.
Working at our headquarters in Houston, TX, you will enjoy being part of a dynamic team that helps to empower new and current lash stylists to develop their skills in the application of beautiful, safe and long-lasting eyelash extensions, and launch rewarding & profitable careers.
About the position
Xtreme Lashes is looking for a business savvy, diplomatic & highly organized Chief of Staff to support our President, CEO and Co-Founder, Jo Mousselli, BSN, RN.
Jo’s experience as a Registered Nurse combined with her entrepreneurial spirit has paved the way for Xtreme Lashes to be the industry pioneer, and the most globally respected name in eyelash extensions.
The Chief of Staff will be responsible for facilitating the CEO’s strategic initiatives in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. She/he will tune into the vision of the CEO in order to coordinate, execute, and monitor multiple overlapping, cross-departmental projects, programs, and events.
While providing administrative support to the CEO and working cross-functionally with all departments, the Chief of Staff will be exposed to internal facets of the business including: brand, products, customers, services, channels of distribution, service lines, key personnel, and policies & procedures.
A day in the life of the Chief of Staff to the CEO….
- Facilitate strategic initiatives for the CEO by scheduling, tracking and liaising short-range and long-range plans, projects and events with her direct reports
- Provide intuitive support to the CEO by proactively anticipating her needs, and ensuring her optimal performance & appearance across key spectrums: professional, physical, mental, emotional, & social
- Manage the CEO’s support team including administrative assistants, personal assistants, and event team
- Provide time-management support to the CEO by maintaining a dynamic calendar, coordinating the schedules of internal and external stakeholders, and keeping the CEO well informed of commitments and responsibilities
- On behalf of the CEO, create presentations, memos, policies and procedures, proposals, emails and reports to be delivered to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate successful relationships between the CEO and internal/external parties by acting as a “barometer” of her business environment, and brief her on matters relating to employees, customers, franchisees, suppliers, consumers, and online community
- Serve as a liaison and work cross-functionally with all departments at Xtreme Lashes including:
- Marketing, Brand Management, Education & Training, Creative, and Videography & Graphic Design
- Domestic & International Sales and Service, Social Media and Public Relations (PR)
- Research & Development (R&D), Product Development (PD), Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QC/QA) and Regulatory
- Business Intelligence and Salesforce
- Operations and IT
- Supply Chain, Inventory Management and Warehouse & Distribution
- Talent & Culture and Human Resources (HR)
- Accounting, Finance and Legal
- Serve as front-line support for the CEO by escalating critical priorities, high-risk matters and crises to the CEO, while personally handling low-risk matters & conflicts
- Coordinate the booking, scheduling, event planning, and logistics of internal and external meetings, events, conference calls and interviews
- Under the direction of the CEO, provide support during and after meetings by taking notes, communicating next steps and following up with her direct reports
- Coordinate and attend high-impact, high-visibility events, conferences and CEO public appearances
- Work collaboratively with social media & PR specialists, bloggers/vloggers, and brand ambassadors to promote and manage the CEO’s social media and PR presence
- Serve as a brand ambassador and personal ambassador for the Xtreme Lashes by Jo Mousselli brand
- Remain alert to the needs of the organization and CEO, identifying opportunities and problems, and proactively execute solutions
- Perform other job duties as assigned
What you bring to the table…
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory management experience
- 2 years of project management experience
- Experience in marketing, branding, communications or social media preferred
- Ability to handle multiple, complex & competing priorities, projects, programs and events
- Expertise in presentation development (PowerPoint, Prezi, Lucid Chart, etc.)
- Exemplary written communication skills to be applied to the CEO’s emails, speeches, memos, and presentations
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills to be applied to self, CEO and others
- Proficiency in project management software, CRM programs (Salesforce), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use critical thinking & problem-solving skills to judge situations, considering business, personnel, financial, legal, risk management, and time implications, and take appropriate, timely action
- Ability to manage ambiguity in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Crisis management experience preferred
- As needed, must be available to take on emergent tasks and work flexible hours on weekends, evenings and on-call basis
- Must be available to accompany and assist the CEO during business trips
- Must be available to transport the CEO when necessary
- Performance-driven role; bachelor’s or MBA is a bonus but not required
- Professional certification in engineering, health & safety and/or beauty is a bonus
- 70+ WPM
What we bring to the table...
- This is an executive level position with executive level compensation & benefits; competitive salary based on skills & experience
- Profit sharing bonus program
- Paid bonus days
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 4% Matching on 401K
- Subsidized gym membership