About the Company
Xtreme Lashes by Jo Mousselli® is the global pioneer and leader in eyelash extension products, technique and education, with reach in over 35 international territories worldwide. President & CEO, Jo Mousselli, RN, is committed to providing unparalleled eyelash extension products, education and support to beauty professionals and consumers worldwide. Jo's understanding of the modern-day woman’s need for effortless beauty inspired the innovation of high-performance, low-maintenance, and long-lasting cosmetic products and services.
Working at our headquarters in Houston, TX, you will enjoy being part of a dynamic team that helps to empower new and current lash stylists to develop their skills in the application of beautiful, safe and long-lasting eyelash extensions, and launch rewarding & profitable careers.
About the position
Xtreme Lashes is looking for a motivated product development professional that will efficiently manage cross-functional projects and provide high-quality cosmetics and application products to our valued clientele. The Product Development Manager will be responsible for the product life-cycle management of all Xtreme Lashes products - integrating people, data and process to assure the success of all product development projects. Generating ideas and overseeing the process of turning these ideas into products, the Product Development Manager will conduct market research, develop design proposals, oversee production, and determine the regulations, pricing, and timelines for all product development projects.
A day in the life of the Product Development Manager...
- Oversee and manage the product development life-cycle: conception, design, development, production, launch, sales, service, post-launch analysis, maintenance and discontinuation
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all internal stakeholders to create and launch products
- Initiate and develop thorough product development project plans that include:
- Scope and goals of the project
- Internal and external team members involved
- Overview of plan and project timelines
- Defined project tasks and resource requirements
- Coordination of project staff
- Tracking project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Tracking and managing the project budget
- Communicating with suppliers and partners on the timeline, pricing, and quality (as needed)
- Performing project post launch evaluations and assessment of results
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are being met
- Advises on product knowledge and customer insights to ensure product development is aligned with all key customer requirements and meets financial measurements
- Introduce and refine new product concepts throughout the development process ensuring that technical and quality standards are achieved while maximizing profitability
What you bring to the table...
- Proven track record of high level performance with 3+ years of experience in the development of products from concept to launch.
- Experience in the beauty/cosmetic/fragrance industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or other related disciplines. A Master’s degree or higher is a plus.
- Knowledge of product development and/or packaging:
- R&D, QC & manufacturing requirements
- Vendor and consultant sourcing & audits
- Keeping track of innovative ingredients & trends for cosmetics and skincare
- Knowledge of the cosmetic industry regulatory process is a plus
- Project & team management skills:
- Proficient in project management software
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in project risk management
- Proven experience in project change management
- Proven experience in cross-functional people management
- Key competencies:
- Knowledge of cosmetic ingredients and manufacturing methods is a plus
- Cosmetic regulations
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
What we bring to the table...
- Competitive salary based on skills & experience
- Profit sharing bonus program
- Paid bonus days
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 4% Matching on 401K
- Subsidized gym membership